Why Blog Broadcast Feature in Aweber Email Marketing is not Effective

Some time back I have written a post on How tosend Blog feed updates via Aweber and I have been using this to send Email updates to my readers. As I already mentioned I’m not a pro in Email-marketing and I’m learning from my own experience.

Initially I thought blog broadcast (Email newsletter or every post) is a very important part of Email marketing, but I was completely wrong. This is what my stats says:

musttipstricks.blogspot.com Why Blog Broadcast Feature in Aweber Email Marketing is not Effective


Notice the stats. 20 in the first line donates the number of people actually opened your Email and 4 is the number that people clicked on links inside Email. Now this is extremely low.

Now let’s compare it with Email which I sent manually. This feature is known as broadcast feature of Aweber.

musttipstricks.blogspot.com Why Blog Broadcast Feature in Aweber Email Marketing is not Effective

See the first line: 59 people opened this Email and 23 links were clicked. Obviously conversion was less but still CTR increased in this case.

Why Blog broadcast is not very successful?

Imagine your friend sending you an Email every day. How likely you might not open that Email after some time and will leave it unattended. This is normal action which I will take when I get Email from same person every day.

More over one particular reason was Email title was same every time and more over I have been sending one Email every day. This leads to lesser CTR and thus less traffic from Email list.

Though above justification can be overruled if you are sending one post every 3-4 days. This way less Email and more likely to get better CTR.

Why Broadcast feature or weekly newsletter is effective?

I’m subscribed to many bloggers Email list and I love getting Email once in a while.  Most of them send me Email newsletter which is a digest of popular post in a week. Or they send me a broadcast which is Email with something important. Now in both the situation I open Email and take some action.

See the second image, you will notice no. of people opening your email newsletter is better and CTR increases. That is because that’s a personal broadcast where title of the Email was different and Email was about only one topic.

Conclusion:

  • Daily blog broadcast decreases your Email newsletter CTR.
  • Weekly newsletter and broadcast feature works better.

Everything mentioned above is something which I have learned from my personal experience with MustTips&Tricks newsletter. Though it may differ for you depending upon your niche and how you are sending Email newsletter.

Do share your experience with Blog broadcast feature of Aweber or any other Aweber alternative you are using?

Source.......shoutmeloud
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment